Office of the Provost
Office of the Provost
The Office of the Provost at F&M oversees the curriculum, faculty governance and personnel matters, and academic resources, institutes, and centers. We work to ensure that academic initiatives align with the College's mission of excellence in liberal arts education. You are always welcome to stop by the office - we would love to chat with you!
Tell us about your latest article, book, award, grant, presentation, or other scholarly
or creative work. We want to hear from you!
Faculty & Staff Accomplishments
Tell us about your latest article, book, award, grant, presentation, or other scholarly or creative work. We want to hear from you!Submit
Academic Affairs Policies
- Proposal to Change an Existing Course
- First-time Connections Course Proposal
- New Course Proposal
- Proposal to Change Departmental/Major Curriculum
- Proposal for New Major or Minor
- Joint Major Core Course
- Connections Course Design
- Working with the Writing Center
- Working with the Faculty Center
- CNX Aims & Skills
- Sample Course Descriptions
- Sample Syllabi - CNX1 & CNX2
- Sample Assignments - CNX1 & CNX2
If you are looking to bring a speaker to campus, you can apply for these funds here
- The North Foundation was established in 1937 to be used for paying the expenses of lectures on law or allied subjects.
- The Francis E. Price-Harnish and Martin Mylin Harnish Endowment Fund was established in 1986 as a living memorial to their pets to be used in ways to directly benefit the college's educational program.
- The Miller Humanities Fund is to be used to provide lectures by leading figures in the humanities.
- The Mary Snyder Fund may be used to maintain a course of lectures in such a way as may be determined by the faculty of Franklin & Marshall College.
Mellon Mini Grants
Office of Sponsored Research
Faculty Council has set the following schedule of faculty meetings:
Monday, September 11 (4:30-6:00 p.m.)
Tuesday, September 26 (11:30 a.m.-12:35 p.m.)
Monday, October 16 (4:30-6:00 p.m.)
Tuesday, October 31 (11:30 a.m.-12:35 p.m.)
Monday, November 13 (4:30-6:00 p.m.)
Tuesday, December 5 (11:30 a.m.-12:35 p.m.)
Monday, December 11 (4:30-6:00 p.m.) (Reserve Time)
Monday, January 22 (4:30-6:00 p.m.)
Tuesday, February 6 (11:30 a.m.-12:35 p.m.)
Monday, February 19 (4:30-6:00 p.m.)
Tuesday, March 5 (11:30 a.m.-12:35 p.m.)
Monday, March 25 (4:30-6:00 p.m.)
Tuesday, April 16 (11:30 a.m.-12:35 p.m.)
Monday, April 29 (4:30-6:00 p.m.) (Reserve Time)
Agendas and materials will be sent to the Faculty Plus list a week in advance of each
23-24 Faculty Meeting Minutes
Reviews, Tenure & Promotion
The Faculty Activity Tracker has been discontinued; we are now using expanded CVs instead. If you are preparing an expanded CV for a faculty review, please see the specific instructions for your review which are linked on this page. If you are doing an annual update, follow this format.
Provost's Office StaffWho to Contact
Amelia Rauser: Curriculum, EPC, pre-major advising
Brittany Grear: Academic Affairs news, faculty hiring, faculty deprovisioning, faculy course tracking
Dan Ardia: Research, IRB, IACUC, COG, compliance
Kay Ford: PSC, scheduling with the Provost, Faculty Handbook
Lina Ospina: Academic Affairs budgets, personnel matters, FRPDF requests, P-card questions
Patty Hollister: Faculty recruiting, scheduling with Associate Deans, Research Fair, faculty retirements